22.10.09

Cathy Turner

So today Alex and I were in a fabric store looking for fabric for our halloween costumes. We're having fun looking at the MILLIONS of different types of patterns and colors and textures of these pieces of cloth, when all of a sudden I hear a laugh that I know all too well. In that split second I think to myself, "no way, that can't be who I think it is...", but as I turn toward the register too see where the laugh came from, I am proven wrong.




MRS. CATHY IS STANDING THERE!

Now let it be known that the last time I saw this lady was back in July at the Farewell Party at the studio-a bittersweet day to reminence as well as say goodbye. I honestly didn't think I would see her again, and definately not so soon! So I immediately drop the convo I was having with Alex and run toward her; she cathes my eye and yells...

"Oh, my goodness! Sandi T!!"


I seriously could have cried when I heard that. I havent heard her say it in so long it seems...

After alot of hugging and yelling we begin to talk about what's been going on and how each other is doing. She asks about my sister and if she is still dancing...I tell her no and that she's in gymnastics now. Her tone and face immediately change; I can tell that it still bothers her to talk about whether or not her girls are still dancing. She also mentioned that her daughter Lacy's wedding is the only thing taking her mind off of the whole ordeal and that she doesn't know what she's going to do afterward...




This surprise encounter obviously got me to thinking back to the "good ol' days" of Cathy's Dance Studio. Don't get me wrong, I LOVE Shawn; she's super talented and I learn&&improve each week &&her combos are BOMB...but I have to admit something always feels like it's missing. Mrs. Cathy was like our mother: she taught most of us since the age of 3, knew each of us personally, and was always there to give great advice.

Needless to say, I miss her alot. A whole lot. Holy Cow. I spent 8 amazing years with that lady, and it's been hard to dance this year without her...




I love her <3

[&&the legacy lives on...]

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing what you have to say! :D