6.10.09

Trey...


So, first of all I would like you to read the short little news story above &&look at the pictures of the guys on the right...


Alrighty, so here's the deal. The second guy down? My cousin Jamesia's babydaddy...&&the third guy down? My cousin. &&Jamesia's brother...

Now I dont really know much about the babydaddy other than his name, but my cousin James (who I call Trey)...he might as well be my first cousin. &&You know how first cousins are always the closest and whatnot. Seriously, we grew up and were raised together. Before I started pre-k my grandmama kept me, &&at the time he and Jamesia lived two houses down from her, so I basically saw him every. He, Mesia, Jr, Stefanie, &&I would play for hoursss in my grandmama backyard;we never had trouble keeping ourselves entertained. Basically, we were all each other's best friends...


Then as we got older, we started drifting-all of us. Just doing our own things, busy with school, we actually had our own friends at this point, you know. So over the years I kept in touch with Jr and Stefanie (those who know me know they are my favorites-love them like siblings) but not so much with Trey&&Mesia, especially after they moved.


Then I started hearing that Trey was getting in trouble concerning drugs&&gang violence...&&i prayed that it was just a phase that would soon pass. &&For a while it seemed as if that had been the case! He started down the road of getting his G.E.D. &&a steady job;I must admit I was proud...

But all that hope that I had inside of me for him is now crushed. When my mama showed me this story, I was speechless. I mean, what exactly do you say when you find out someone you used to be so close with has just been charged in a murder case? I was pissed. I still am. I honestly do not understand and never will. We were pretty much raised by the same people...why did he choose to go down this path? It blows my mind. &&On top of that, Skylar (Jamesia's little girl) is now not going to be able to have her uncle OR father in her life.

I don't know if I'll ever be able to see him again. I just wish more people around him would have told him how much he is loved by us...because if he had known, I'm sure he would have thought twice about making the decisions he has.

Trey, I love you-forever and always...

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing what you have to say! :D